01 juin 2019
01 juin 2020
REMUNERATION MENSUELLE :
1817€ (indemnité non contractuelle fixée par décret et arrêté, dont le montant peut varier notamment en
fonction de l’évolution du barème de référence, de la localisation de la mission et des cas d’abattements prévus par les textes)
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Information Technology division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. Every day our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve Societe Generale's clients. Our objective is to deliver great production services in a well controlled and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise
Description of the Business Line
The role involves working within the ITEC\MKT\FIC business specifically for the global credit development team.
The team focus is on the tools used by the various trading desks covering credit products globally for all pre trade activity, including pricing and e-trading.
The technology group is C# front to back with a focus on UX led agile development.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• C# .Net full stack development, delivering well tested & well structured code on the pricing and e-trading tools
• Engage with other members of the technology organisation to ensure project delivery in an efficient and timely manner.
• Engage with business to ensure project delivery is bringing best value to our clients.
Summary of responsibilities
• Work closely with the end users build out a solid understanding of the requirements for each story implemented
• Work closely with the UX specialists to ensure a high focus on usability and a high quality of finish to the delivered product
• Design, develop and implement functionality in an agile way from story creation to delivery.
• Provide Technical guidance to other members of the team on areas of the platform or frameworks in which you have specialist knowledge.
• Ensure that code test coverage is at an acceptable level with a focus on TDD development
• Ensure that code is developed in such a way as to reduce long term technical debt while also ensuring that where possible code is structured to give the best possible re use
• Strong ownership of own deliverables from design through implementation to release
• Communication with production support teams on any on-going investigations, providing technical investigations and feedback / fixes where appropriate
Graduate with a Master’s degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Computer Science, engineering, applied science (physics, mathematics…)
You ideally have a previous experience in a bank or financial institution.
Knowledge of financial products would be a plus.
You are fluent in English.
• If the candidate has a general engineering background, he/she must provide strong evidence that he/she is highly interested in programming (for instance with dev projects, or computing science courses)
• If the candidate has a mixed IT + Applied Mathematics background, he/she must be fully aware that this is not a quantitative analyst VIE position per se, and must feel comfortable with this.
Ideal past experience
• An apprentice, internship in either IT or banking demonstrating strong interest for this type of position
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com .
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities.