01 August 2018
01 August 2019
1736€ (Non-contractual allowance laid down by decree and order, whose amount may vary in particular depending on the changes to the reference scale, the location of the position and the cases for deductions set out in the texts)
Global Transaction Banking (GTB) integrates, within the Societe Generale Group, business activities such as cash management, correspondent banking, international trade finance, factoring and related currency services.
These different competencies are offered to financial institutions and companies including multinational corporations as well as large- and medium-size companies that conduct business internationally. Active in more than 50 countries across the globe, GTB teams offer bespoke and secure domestic and international solutions to optimise and manage daily financial transactions and sales operations.
The VIE position we offer is located within the Trade Finance team in Madrid.
Our service’s mission is to accompany our major clients abroad and to support the French network’s companies that wish to develop their import and/or export business.
The offered position is a new position within the customer Support team of the Trade Finance Business Line operating in Madrid.
Under the responsibility of the Head of the B.L., the candidate will work together with all the team assisting them in all their duties.
Covering Middle Office Assistant position in Trade Finance Madrid Handling import/export transactions:
• Issuing of International Bonds: Bid, Advance Payment, Performance, Retention, Warranty, etc
• Documentary collection: carrying out of regular payments within the framework of relationships of trust in low-risk countries
• Letter of credit: Securing the payment of export contracts and making sure the client receives a compliant delivery within the given timeframe
• Confirmation of the Letter of Credit: protecting our client from the country risk (economic, non-transfer, political) and bank risk (insolvency, default)
• Stand-by Letter of Credit: securing the execution of a contract or obligation and guaranteeing the payment of transactions within the framework of regular business flows in countries that use this type of practice
• Discount of Letter of Credit Being the intermediary between the B.O. Paris and the Clients Solving incidents with the B.O. Paris
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Madrid is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. Please see www.civiweb.com, in order to have more details regarding your financial indemnities.
Master Degree Finance, MBA International Trade “Commerce Exterieur”
You ideally have a first experience in the financial environnement.
and have a high level in Spanish and English (blingual), french is a plus.
Experience abroad in a International Bank, very well positioned in the local market, dealing with the most significant clients in the country.
Working in a technical and dynamic activity, bringing a huge knowledge to the candidate in the Trade Finance Banking area
Developing of team working/communication skills
Using of foreign languages (English, French, Spanish)
Your career path
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.