01 June 2018
01 June 2019
ALSTOM TRANSPORT SA
1788€ (Non-contractual allowance laid down by decree and order, whose amount may vary in particular depending on the changes to the reference scale, the location of the position and the cases for deductions set out in the texts)
Alstom develops standard solutions to address main signalling functions: train movements in safety, train speed control…
Equipments which support these solutions are implemented along the track, in control centres and in the trains.
The standard solutions could be adapted and must be customized to address specific requirements of our customers.
The role of the Signalling System Engineer is to specify and design the system and sub-systems for his/her project based on the Alstom standard solutions in accordance with the customer requirements
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
For the projects he/she will be assigned to, the Signalling System Engineer contributes to:
- the analysis of the contractual customer requirements;
- the specification of system and sub-systems;
- the study of the system architecture and the choice of the solution based on the Alstom standard solutions;
- the design and detailed design activities such as the calculation of the implementation of the equipments along the track in function of the braking curve of the train, the design of the cubicle to place in the train;
- the writing of the conception documents (specification, architecture, interface specification, parameter preparation rules, detailed design documents) in accordance with Alstom engineering processes;
- the first integration and test of the solution.
He/She works in collaboration with Test, Safety, RAM and Homologation teams: as the signalling systems are safety related specific safety analysis are performed and specific formal engineering processes must be followed.
He/She could be in interface with external stakeholders: customers, partners, suppliers.
Then he/she could manage the suppliers: specification, follow-up and test of the supplier work.
To be considered for this role, candidate needs to be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
Engineer (BAC+4 or BAC+5) in Automatic & Electronic System.
Interests in System Engineering/Design and in Railways area is an asset
Behavioural Competencies: Good autonomy, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, open-mindedness, curiosity, analytical and synthetic turn of mind, eager to understand and learn more, rigorous. Intercultural mind, integration skills, team player, process and result-oriented.