01 April 2018
01 April 2019
2898€ (Non-contractual allowance laid down by decree and order, whose amount may vary in particular depending on the changes to the reference scale, the location of the position and the cases for deductions set out in the texts)
The Volvo Group aims at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people. Volvo Group Purchasing provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers. We are a global division with approximately 1,300 professionals world-wide providing expertise to secure Purchasing Excellence for Customer Success. Volvo Group Purchasing has 120 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend, 2,550 suppliers in serial production, and 1,9 billion parts delivered to the Group Truck plants annually. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing to the purchasing processes.
The Commodity Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on his segments. He/She is responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
• To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package, and that all agreements are approved and signed.
• Perform hand-over to Uptime buyer when parts are phased out of production for non-revenue parts.
• Contribute to segment strategies & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers.
• To secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan (To be Supplier base, MCL... ).
• Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments.
• Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts.
• Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team.
• Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility.
• Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments.
• Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers.
With respect to the decided governance and processes, the commodity buyer has the authorities to act to fulfil the above described tasks and responsibilities.
Can be appointed as a segment leader and/or supplier host.
• University degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
• Previous experience in Purchasing and/or negotiation experience in a supplier/customer relationship. Automotive experience is beneficial.
• Previous experience in working in projects and a business oriented mindset with a financial and legal understanding
• Proficient in English. Japenese as a plus.
• Good communication skills.
• Technical curiosity. Electronic background would be a plus.
• Analytical, logical and structured.
• Positive attitude and target oriented approach.
• Strong team player and the ability to take initiatives.
• Multicultural experience is an asset.