01 April 2018
01 April 2019
ENGIE GLOBAL MARKETS
1788€ (Non-contractual allowance laid down by decree and order, whose amount may vary in particular depending on the changes to the reference scale, the location of the position and the cases for deductions set out in the texts)
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE’s 24 Business Units. At the heart of the energy value chain, GEM optimizes the Group’s assets portfolio including electricity, natural gas, environmental products and bulk commodities such as biomass, while developing its external commercial franchise worldwide. We provide services in supply and logistics management, asset management by leveraging on markets, risk management, market access management, and contribute to market understanding, design and efficiency.
With a staff of 1,400, offices in 11 countries and 4 trading platforms, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe and Asia-Pacific and activities in more than 50 countries.
Poste et mission :
In order to be able to innovate and answer to new customer and market needs, the team needs to develop new products, tools and perform an efficient prospection along with a strong market intelligence.
The VIE mission can be split in two complementary parts:
- Help the origination desk to price exotic power
products (clean spark/dark spread options, Asian
- Support the quant team and traders to provide ad-
hoc analysis (correlation, volatilities, historical
- Develop tools and improve current pricing models
- Prospection & interests follow up (Customers Client
Relationship Manager update, Weekly/Monthly Report,
- Market intelligence (understand the power industry,
suppliers, asset owners, etc.)
- Counterparts and clients meeting
Your interaction network will mainly consist with Quants, Traders, Analysts, New product Approval, Back-office, Middle office, Risk Departments
• Higher education, preferably a university degree in
a quantitative area (finance, engineering,
mathematics,…) or alternatively, an appropriate on-
• Good knowledge of financial products (swaps,
forwards, etc.) and option pricing is necessary
• Comfortable with IT applications, particularly
Excel; VBA, C#, Matlab or another programming
• Experiences of power markets and power asset
modeling/ structuring is a plus
• Autodidactic mindset and ability to work on project
• Innovative thinker and team player with excellent
social skills and the ability to operate in a
stressful and demanding environment.