01 April 2018
01 October 2019
2690€ (Non-contractual allowance laid down by decree and order, whose amount may vary in particular depending on the changes to the reference scale, the location of the position and the cases for deductions set out in the texts)
Société Générale Private Banking represents the wealth management division of Societe Generale Group. With 2 100 collaborators in 16 countries, Société Générale Private Banking offers wealth management solutions to entrepreneurs and wealthy individuals. The investment strategy teams builds up the scenario (macro and financial markets) for the whole private bank. Based on an economic scenario, the team issues medium-term views (6 months and beyond) on the different asset classes (equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, commodities…) qui font for internal and external communication. The team participates in the investment process and to the elaboration of the tactical allocation of portfolios. It also provides the investment advisors with investment themes. Finally, the team produces publications designed for the bank’s collaborators as well as for clients
Your role As a VIE, your main responsibilities will include:
• Support the Strategy team in its daily and weekly activities: macro comments, key takeaways of conference calls, update of charts.
• Support the team in the elaboration of other publications (quarterly, ad-hoc documents).
• Develop analytic and quantitative tools (financial indicators, comparative charts, tables…).
• Participate in the project of analysing long-term return of asset classes (bonds, equities, currencies, commodities, …).
• Contribute to the preparation of presentation supports for client presentations (analyses ad hoc, focus on asset classes or markets).
• Assist the team to support other investment specialists (advisors and portfolio managers).
• Represent and assist the Head of the Strategy team during his business trips.
• Participate and animate morning meetings and presentations in Geneva.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Geneva is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months. You will receive an allowance to complete Ubifrance allowance. The VIE is a specific contract, under Ubifrance’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
Graduate from University or Business/Engineering School, with a master degree in Economics and/or finance. You speak English fluently You are proficient with MS Office (PowerPoint).
Your career path Within an international context, you will deepen your knowledge on macroeconomics and capital markets. You will also develop your ability to work in a team, but also autonomously. Your communication skills (spoken and written) will be improved. Finally, you will familiarise with the use of financial data bases (Bloomberg, Thomson Datastream). You may have the opportunity to join Société Générale group permanently after your VIE mission, according to opportunities, without going through the whole recruitment process again. To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.